Christopher L. Muniz
- (312) 629-0572
- (312) 629-0550
Originally from the Jersey Shore, Chris is an avid runner who has completed eleven marathons, including a personal best of 3:24:40 at the Grand Rapids Marathon. Chris concentrates his practice in the areas of Bankruptcy law and financial workouts, Business and commercial litigation and Labor and employment law.
His experience includes representing:
- debtors, creditors, trustees, and creditors' committees in all proceedings under chapters 7, 11 & 13 of the Bankruptcy Code, including related litigation such as preference and fraudulent conveyance actions
- clients in commercial litigation in federal and state courts
- employers in federal court and before federal, state, and local administrative agencies
- clients before the City of Chicago Department of Administrative Hearings and Zoning Board of Appeals
Bar Memberships and Professional Organizations
- Admitted to practice in the State of Illinois and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois in 2000.
- Member of the Chicago and Illinois Bar Associations.
- Volunteer – Credit Abuse Resistance Education (C.A.R.E. Program)
- Juris Doctorate, Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey, June, 1999.
- Bachelor of Science, Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois, June 1996.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy Law
- Business & Commercial Law
- Employment Law – Employer