Alisa B. Arnoff
- (312) 629-0546
- (312) 629-0550
Alisa is the firm's only Chicago native, and you can definitely hear it in her accent. She received both her undergraduate and law degrees from Loyola University – Chicago, getting her English degree while on a combined swimming/academic scholarship. She concentrates her practice almost exclusively in the area of employment, labor and education law.
SELECTED BAR MEMBERSHIPS, PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND HONORS
- Admitted to practice in the State of Illinois.
- Admitted to practice in federal district courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois, Eastern District of Wisconsin.
- Admitted to practice before the Third, Sixth, Seventh and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeal.
- College of Labor & Employment Lawyers (elected 2010).
- Illinois "Super Lawyer" in Area of Employment Law (multiple years) and Top Women Lawyers in Illinois (2011-2014).
- Appointed, 2012, to the Illinois State Bar Association Special Committee on Fair and Impartial Courts, now the Future of the Courts Committee.
- Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service from the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the Chicago Chapter of the Federal Bar Association (2011).
- Member of the Illinois State (Illinois Bar Journal Editorial Board) and American Bar Associations (Member, Labor & Employment (Employment Rights & Responsibilities Subcommittee), Litigation, Law Practice Management Sections).
- Former Editor-in-Chief, Illinois Bar Journal Editorial Board.
- Past Chair of Illinois State Bar Association's Labor & Employment Law Section Council.
- Former Chair, Human Resources Committee, Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, Inc.
RECENT PUBLISHED WORKS
- Recurring Guest Blogger – Fire Chief Magazine Mutual Aid Blog
- "Workplace Defamation Law: The Basics, and Then Some", American Bar Association 6th Annual Labor and Employment Law Section Meeting (November 2012)(Co-author).
- "Gender Issues in the Fire Service", 1 FireWork 35, International Association of Women in Fire & Emergency Services (August 2011).
- "An Introduction to Ethical Obligations in Using Social Media in Litigation", 134h Annual Employment & Labor Law Short Course, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Chicago, Illinois, (April 2011).
RECENT SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- "You're on the Bargaining Team – Now What?", Fire-Rescue International Conference, Chicago, IL August 14, 2013.
- "The Walls Come Tumbling Down – Achieving Gender Equity in the Fire Service," Fire-Rescue International Conference, and International Women in Fire & Emergency Services Conference, Chicago, IL August 13 and 15, 2013.
- "Don't Let the (Government) Dogs Out – An Introduction to Understanding Employee Protected Concerted Activity in the Modern Workplace," Veterinary Specialty Center 2013 Business Symposium, Wheeling, IL May 29, 2013.
- "Employment Litigation Skills Training: Taking and Defending Depositions to Help Win Your Case", American Bar Association Section of Labor & Employment Law, Employee Rights and Responsibilities Committee Mid-Winter Meeting, South Beach, FL March 1, 2013.
- "Lies and Liability: An Overview of Workplace Defamation Law," American Bar Association Section of Labor & Employment Law Webinar, February 6, 2013 (Moderator).
- "Federal Employment Law – The Year (and Then Some) in Review,"
National Telecommunications Cooperative Association Legal Seminar, November 5, 2012 Tucson, AZ.
- "Speak No Evil – An Introduction to Workplace Defamation Issues," American Bar Association 6th Annual Section of Labor & Employment Law Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA November 1, 2012 (Moderator).
- "Doesn't Anyone Work Here Anymore? Managing Employee Leaves of Absence," Fire-Rescue International Conference, Denver, CO August 1, 2012.
- "Playing "Conduct Cop" as Lead Officer: Hazing, Horseplay & Harassment," Fire-Rescue International Conference, Denver, CO August 1, 2012.
- 15th Annual Employment & Labor Law Short Course, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Chicago, IL Chicago, IL April 19, 2012 (Moderator).
- "Hello? Is This Thing On? Perfecting Public Speaking Skills," American Bar Association Section of Labor & Employment Law, Employee Rights and Responsibilities Committee Mid-Winter Meeting, Las Vegas, NV March 28, 2012 (Moderator).
- "How to Avoid Grinding Your Teeth over Personnel Issues," Chicago Dental Society Mid-Winter Meeting, Chicago IL February 24, 2012.
AV Peer Rated, Martindale Hubbell.